Aigantighe Art Gallery, Timaru
The property, in Wai-iti Road, was given to the citizens of Timaru by J. W. Grant in 1956. The grounds, about two acres, are maintained as a park, the residence being used for the display of works of art. The gallery is administered and financed by the Timaru City Council. A small permanent collection of paintings, drawings, prints, and ceramics is enlarged from time to time by purchases, gifts, or bequests. Suitable travelling exhibitions are shown at the gallery.
by Stewart Bell Maclennan, A.R.C.A.(LOND.), Director, National Art Gallery, Wellington.