Southland Centennial Museum and Art Gallery
The Southland Art Gallery Trust Board has been responsible for pressing for the completion of the art gallery section of the centennial project of 1940. The Board believed that a small city gallery was still necessary in spite of the opening of the gallery at Anderson Park in 1951.
A gallery 50 ft by 40 ft, with adjacent office and storeroom, has been added to the museum building in Queen's Park and was opened in 1961. A small collection of original paintings will be supplemented by a comprehensive selection of high quality reproductions for educational displays.