This half of the famous Pink and White Terraces was known as Ōtūkapuarangi to the Tūhourangi people. Access to the terraces was controlled by Tūhourangi, who made significant income until the attraction was lost in the Tarawera eruption of 1886.
Using this item
Auckland Art Gallery – Toi o Tāmaki
Oil on canvas by Charles Blomfield
Permission of Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki must be obtained before any re-use of this image.