This handsome Wesleyan chapel, with its schoolhouse alongside, was built in 1845 in early Wellington's Manners Street. Three years later it was destroyed in the great earthquake of 1848. This watercolour painting of the building was made in 1845 and published as an engraving in 1852.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.