Missionaries were among the first Europeans to live in New Zealand, and Northland was their initial focus. Anglican, Wesleyan and Catholic mission stations were established from 1815. The Wesleyan mission station at Mangungu on the Hokianga Harbour, founded in 1828, is depicted in this drawing from 1838.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.