A national network of Māori Land Councils, empowered to administer remaining areas of Māori land, was set up by the Maori Land Administration Act 1900. This flyer, in Māori and English, advertises the 1902 election of members of the Hikairo–Maniapoto–Tūwharetoa District Māori Land Council. Soon afterwards the councils were replaced by Māori Land Boards.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library
Reference: Pboxq 499m 1902
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.