Before the enactment of Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993, land was designated for use as a marae under section 439 of the Maori Affairs Act 1953. This 1972 notice in the government publication the New Zealand Gazette records the scheduling of two acres of land at Ōtorohanga in the King Country, which became the site of Kahotea marae (Ngāti Maniapoto).
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Reference: New Zealand Gazette (14 September 1972): 1956
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.