The Timaru Herald was a great proponent of farmers’ clubs, not only for their role in spreading knowledge, but also for the commercial advantages they could provide. Compared with the early establishment of farmers’ clubs in the Christchurch region, they were slow to start in South Canterbury and by 1872 there was only one club in the district.
Using this item
National Library of New Zealand, Papers Past
Reference: Timaru Herald, 28 February 1872, p. 2
Permission of the National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.