Shown at the left of the main image, the landing on the Pūhoi River was a vital link with the outside world. Small coastal ships could come upriver to supply the town with goods and take out their produce. The Pūhoi pub is in the centre of this photograph, taken in 1903.
Using this item
Pūhoi Bohemian Museum
Photograph by Henry Winkelmann
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.