In 1926 Ngāti Tūwharetoa signed an agreement with the government concerning payments for Lake Taupō. This led to the establishment of a trust board to handle the money received annually. The trust board in turn established a trust to support the tribe’s forestry investments, and in 1996 Ngāti Tūwharetoa Forest Trust created Lake Taupo Funds Ltd (LTF Ltd) to service its investment needs. Subsequently LTF Ltd moved to Wellington to provide advice to Māori organisations about investment planning, risk management and performance monitoring.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.