Kemp House at Kerikeri, Northland, is the oldest wooden building in New Zealand. Dating from 1821–22, it was made of local timber as a home for members of the Church Missionary Society. Although the furniture in the dining room is elaborate, the wall and window construction is very plain, as befits a mission house.
Using this item
Photograph by Frank Easdale
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.