From the early 20th century the Kāpiti Coast began to attract Wellingtonians seeking a beach holiday. This is the Vaughan family camping at Maclean’s ‘whare’ (hut) at Paraparaumu Beach in 1914. The hilltops of Kāpiti Island are visible in the background.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.