Horse-drawn coaches stop at Waihohonu Hut in Tongariro National Park, around 1905. The hut, at the base of Mt Ngāuruhoe, was used as a base by skiers and trampers visiting the park. It was also a stopping point for coaches bringing tourists from Waiōuru or Tokaanu. The hut was restored in 2004.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.