Built in 1859, the Melanesian Mission Dining Hall is the sole surviving building of the Melanesian Mission. By 1915 it was the only building left, all the others having being removed or reused for buildings on the surrounding Melanesian Estate. In 2004 the building was being used as a restaurant.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Melanie Lovell-Smith
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence