The grandstand at the new Solway Park showgrounds in Masterton was opened in 1911. The stand seated 2,000 people, who could watch animals being judged, show-jumping, competitions such as wood chopping, and the Grand Parade. The ‘ladies’ retiring room’ at the back of the grandstand had the latest in dainty porcelain hand-basins. This is the architects’ drawing of the stand.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.