William Telford purchased this property in 1867 and built up his sheep flock to more than 18,000 by 1888. His descendants presented the property to the Telford Farm Training Institute in 1964. Since then it has run practical courses for people wanting to learn farming skills. Equine studies is one of Telford’s specialities.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.