This is the Canterbury Farmers’ Co-operative Association’s grain and wool store in Heaton Street, Timaru, in 1899. The building was next to the main trunk railway line from Christchurch to Bluff – a vital link between wool and grain stores and the ports.
Using this item
Reference: Eulla Williamson, Farmers in business, 1880-1980: one hundred years of trading by the Canterbury Farmers’ Co-operative Association Limited, Timaru and branches. Timaru:
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.