Although based in Christchurch, and responsible for the design of many of the finest gardens in Canterbury and other parts of the South Island in the early 20th century, Alfred Buxton expanded his work into Wairarapa in 1912. In 1921 he landscaped the grounds of Parera (formerly Tipua), south of Masterton, for Romney sheep breeder George Allen. Here, Mark Allen, grandson of George Allen, holds a plan of the 4-acre (1.6-hectare) garden.
Using this item
Reference: 19 June 2004
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.