The store at Hīhītahi, 16 kilometres north of Taihape, opened when the main trunk railway reached the settlement in 1904. It closed 60 years later, by which time sealed roads made it easy for locals to shop in Taihape.
Using this item
Whanganui Regional Museum, Wanganui Herald Negative Collection
Reference: WH 6739
Permission of the Whanganui Regional Museum must be obtained before any re-use of this image.