Story: Southland places

Clifden bridge, 1899 (1st of 2)

Clifden bridge, 1899

Opened in 1899, the Clifden suspension bridge gave access to the Waiau River valley.

Using this item

Southland Museum and Art Gallery

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

David Grant, 'Southland places - Western Southland', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/20211/clifden-bridge-1899 (accessed 22 January 2020)

Story by David Grant, updated 25 May 2015