The Veterinary Services Council was set up in 1946 to promote a nationwide service for livestock owners. It encouraged the establishment of veterinary clubs and the training of more vets. The Council, shown here meeting for the first time, included government officials and representatives from the meat, wool and dairy producer boards, veterinary clubs and the New Zealand Veterinary Association.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library
Reference: New Zealand Journal of Agriculture 75, no. 3 (1947): 249 (S-L 888-249)
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.