Dunedin railway station was opened in 1906. Its decorative features earned architect George Troup the name ‘Gingerbread George’. The station was bought by Dunedin City Council in 1994 and refurbished in the late 1990s. In the 2000s it housed the New Zealand Sports Hall of Fame and the Otago Art Society, and hosted just one train – the privately-run tourist train through the Taieri Gorge.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.