Moeraki was a centre of Māori population through the 19th century, partly because of the presence of a whaling station. This centennial monument commemorates the establishment of the station by Māori and Pākehā in 1836.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Janine Faulknor
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence