Story: Otago region

Dunedin railway station (1st of 3)

Dunedin railway station

Dunedin railway station, designed by George Troup and completed in 1904, was an exuberant tribute to trains and the railways. Stained-glass windows, wall panels and a mosaic floor all contribute to the overall effect in the main concourse.

Using this item

Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Janine Faulknor

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Malcolm McKinnon, 'Otago region - Business until 1920', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/22662/dunedin-railway-station (accessed 3 April 2020)

Story by Malcolm McKinnon, updated 1 May 2015