The Duke of York (later King George VI) visited Waitaki Boys’ High School in 1927 to inspect the school’s cadet corps and open its war memorial hall. The school was one of the most prominent in the country in the 1920s, thanks to the reputation of its rector (principal), Frank Milner. A staunch imperial loyalist, Milner would have welcomed the Duke’s visit.
Using this item
North Otago Museum
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.