This Model T Ford, one of the most famous car models ever made, sits outside the Christchurch Garage in 1913 or 1914. Garage owner Henry J. Ranger opened the first Ford agency in Christchurch around 1910 in Chester Street. Many of the early Model T Fords he sold, like this one, sported luxurious leather seating and wire spokes.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.