By 1903 Christchurch’s Market Square buildings had been demolished. Renamed Victoria Square – after the former monarch – the area was used for military parades. These public-school cadets line up in front of the statue of Queen Victoria to salute the flag on Empire Day in 1907.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: PhotoCD 14, IMG0097
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.