The post office was the largest and most important building in many New Zealand towns. The imposing Masterton post office and clock tower, built in 1901, is shown here around 1910. Its high entrances allowed mail coaches to drive in to an internal courtyard.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.