Lyell’s last mine closed in 1913, and the last surviving building burned down in 1963. In the early 2000s, with gold no longer attracting prospectors, the site of the town is marked only by this overgrown cemetery in the bush.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.