In 1886 this former synagogue on Princes Street, Auckland, was built of poured concrete, using Roche lime produced locally near Warkworth. The mass concrete was then rendered internally and externally, a common finish for concrete buildings at the time.
Using this item
Photograph by Jeremy Salmond
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.