Story: Taranaki places

Fun Ho! national toy museum

Fun Ho! national toy museum

Fun Ho! cast-aluminium toys were made in Inglewood by the Underwood Engineering Company from 1947 to 1982. Former Underwood employees Barry and Phyllis Young opened a Fun Ho! museum in the town in 1990. In 2009 a foundry attached to the museum produced short runs of many of the Fun Ho! models.

Using this item

Private collection
Photograph by Anna Butterfield

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Ron Lambert, 'Taranaki places - Inglewood', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, (accessed 22 May 2022)

Story by Ron Lambert, updated 1 Sep 2016