Story: Waikato places

Huntly Hospital (2nd of 4)

Huntly Hospital

Opened in 1926, the hospital was another public building made of Huntly brick. It was erected on land donated by the Ralph family, who owned local coal mines. The hospital closed in 1997, and the building is now used as a private retreat.

Using this item

Waikato Coalfields Museum

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Nancy Swarbrick, 'Waikato places - Huntly', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/27281/huntly-hospital (accessed 19 September 2021)

Story by Nancy Swarbrick, updated 11 Jun 2015