Story: Waikato places

Opening of Kimiora whare kai

Opening of Kimiora whare kai

Tūrangawaewae marae at Ngāruawāhia has some notable buildings, including the meeting houses Māhinaarangi (1929) and Tūrongo (1938), and Kimiora whare kai (dining hall). Kimiora was opened in 1973, amid great celebrations.

Using this item

Private collection, Tūrangawaewae Trust Board

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Nancy Swarbrick, 'Waikato places - Ngāruawāhia', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/27287/opening-of-kimiora-whare-kai (accessed 2 October 2020)

Story by Nancy Swarbrick, updated 11 Jun 2015