The Arapuni hydroelectric power station, completed in 1929, was the second major hydro dam on the Waikato River. Workers reached it by crossing the 152-metre-long swing bridge. The bridge is now part of a walkway on the Waikato River Trail.
Using this item
New Zealand Herald
Photograph by Sarah Ivey
Permission of the New Zealand Herald must be obtained before any re-use of this image.