This plain brick church in central Auckland's High Street was the centre of Auckland Methodism when it opened in 1848. During the New Zealand wars British troops were housed nearby, and often filled its pews in their red uniforms.
Using this item
Auckland City Libraries - Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero, Sir George Grey Special Collections
Permission of Auckland City Libraries Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero must be obtained before any re-use of this image.