The starkly simple Wesleyan Church in Carterton, Wairarapa, opened in 1871 and is shown here in the early 1900s. Its design is typical of dozens of Methodist chapels built in rural districts.
Using this item
Photograph by Muir & Moodie
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.