The Princess Mary Hospital for Children was opened at Auckland Hospital in 1918 and operated until 1949. These young patients are getting some sunshine on the grassy embankment in front of the hospital, watched over by nurses. Many of the hospital's windows are open – fresh air was considered an important component of treatments at the time.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.