In full voice, the Selwyn Village choir practises in the 1970s. The Selwyn Village retirement home at Point Chevalier, Auckland, was opened in 1954 after years of fundraising by the Auckland City Mission under Douglas Caswell's leadership. The Selwyn Foundation, a non-profit Anglican Church trust, ran this and several other retirement villages. They are named after George Selwyn, the pioneering Anglican bishop of New Zealand.
Using this item
New Zealand Herald
Permission of the New Zealand Herald must be obtained before any re-use of this image.