From 1881 Woodlands homestead was headquarters of the Eureka estate, established by the Waikato Land Association (later the New Zealand Land Association). The association was formed by Auckland speculators, including Thomas Russell and Frederick Whitaker, who bought 86,502 waterlogged acres (35,006 hectares) north-east of Hamilton in 1873. The historic homestead is now the centre of a complex including a garden of regional significance, a function centre and café.
Using this item
Woodlands Historic Homestead, Garden and Function Centre
Photograph by Sacha
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.