The New Zealand Bible Training Institute, shown here at its original site on Auckland's Queen Street, was founded in 1922 and trained hundreds of young men and women as overseas missionaries. In 1961 it moved to a new site in Henderson, West Auckland. In 2008 it was renamed Laidlaw College in honour of Robert Laidlaw, the founder of the Farmers' Trading Company, who chaired the board of the Bible Training Institute for 20 years.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.