Cuvier Island, also known as Repanga, is a volcanic outcrop lying east of the Coromandel Peninsula and between Great Barrier Island (Aotea Island) and the Mercury Islands (Iles d’Haussez). The island has had a lighthouse since 1889; it is the most distant of New Zealand’s offshore lighthouses. The light was automated in 1982, and now runs on solar power.
Using this item
Reference: 9355/20 H
Permission of GNS Science must be obtained before any use of this image.