The St Helens hospitals provided government-subsidised maternity services for the wives of working men from 1905. All the babies in this photograph were born in St Helens Hospital in Sydenham, Christchurch, which opened in 1907.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: PhotoCD2, IMG0075
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.