Māori gather in the Square, Palmerston North, for a Native Land Court sitting, around 1881. As well as dealing with Māori land, the court also played a role in confirming whāngai, who were required to be registered with the court from 1901 onwards.
Using this item
Palmerston North City Library
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.