The Red Cross military convalescent home at Montecillo, Dunedin (later renamed the Montecillo Veterans' Home and Hospital), opened in 1918. When this photo was taken, probably in the 1930s, the home served veterans of both the First World War and the earlier South African War. Matron Douglass is seated fourth from right in the second row. Other Red Cross nurses include Miss Morrow (standing fourth from left in the second row) and Miss Gillespie (standing second from right).
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.