St Stephen's cadets line up in 1910 for the visit of Lord Kitchener. Students at this Anglican boys' school were mainly Māori, though some Pākehā boys also attended. Initially, St Stephen's did not have a secondary component and students wishing to continue their study would do so at Te Aute College. In the 1920s St Stephen's developed its own secondary programme, which continued until the school closed in 2000.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.