Participants sport a parade of headgear at this Native Land Court judges' conference in 1909. In the centre of the back row is Judge Walter Rawson, who became the first Native Trustee in 1920. Centre front is Native Minister James Carroll, seated between his deputy Āpirana Ngata (left) and T. W. Fisher, under-secretary of the Native Department.
Using this item
Permission of Tairawhiti Museum, PO Box 716, Gisborne, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.