A tractor is used to haul out stumps on the Rākautatahi block, near Norsewood in southern Hawke's Bay, in 1939. Large development schemes such as this were carried out on remaining areas of Māori land from the 1920s. The Native Trustee, established in 1920, loaned funds to Māori for this purpose.
Using this item
Archives New Zealand - Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga
Reference: AAMK W3495 Box 21 21Q
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence