From the early 1900s plasterboard began to replace scrim (woven fabric) as a lining material in new houses. It was manufactured in New Zealand from 1927 and from 1931 was known as Gibraltar board. Here builders stop plasterboard (plaster the gaps and over nails) in a new 1950s house.
Using this item
Fletcher Challenge Archives
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.