The 1840s-era O’Rorke Street Police Barracks had housed both the 58th Regiment and Auckland Grammar School. When it was demolished in 1898 a former student had this photo taken of workmen dismantling the roof as ‘a memento of the historic building before it disappeared forever’. It was presented to the school’s board of governors on behalf of the Old Boys’ Association and hung in the school hall. In 2013 it hung outside the school's staffroom.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.