Tāpeka meeting house at Waihī marae, near Tokaanu, belongs to the Ngāti Turumākina sub-tribe. It is also the meeting house of the Te Heuheu family, who are paramount chiefs of Ngāti Tūwharetoa. It was opened on 18 April 1959.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Martin Wikaira
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.